We don’t leave anything to chance when it comes to supporting your child’s smooth transition into Year 7 at either of our Junior campuses, or into Year 10 on the Senior campus at Essendon.
We honour these important milestones with the attention and multi-layered strategy they deserve.
Grade 6 to Year 7
Our comprehensive support and wellbeing programs starts early and is sustained well into Year 7 giving students every opportunity to have a positive experience.
By the time your child attends for the first day of Year 7 he or she will already have:
- met key staff members, many of their teachers and peers
- been on campus multiple times – major Primary feeder school students are invited on site regularly for STEM activities and Language studies
- received an introductory/welcome letter
- attended the Information Night
- benefitted from time with their form group on Orientation Day
- received a detailed information package
- had opportunities to ask questions
- let us know about any of their specific needs.
Once the school year is underway further support is provided through:
- ongoing wellbeing support
- the Orientation Camp
- a follow up Parent Information evening in February
Year 9 – Year 10, Senior Campus – Essendon
Our supportive transition program revolves around the Transition Evening at Essendon which is attended by students and parents. The program includes:
- campus tours
- an information session
- distribution of the Course Handbook and Individual Subject Selection Forms.
Prospective Year 10 students then attend the 4-day onsite Orientation Program during which they get to:
- familiarise themselves with the environment
- meet their peers and coordinators
- be informed about logistics and policies
- organise books, pay fees, purchase uniforms
- take a number of classes in their chosen subjects.
Our year level Co-ordinators welcome questions and are ready to offer support as required before, during and after the transition process.