Assessment and reporting are vital processes that provide information to students and parents/ guardians about learning progress. It allows:
- teachers to make recommendations for future learning
- students to review their progress and set new learning targets; and
- parents to understand and support the learning journey.
In line with Department of Education and Training (DET) requirements, Essendon Keilor College reports on student achievement against the Australian Curriculum in Victoria (AusVELS) standards at the end of terms 2 and 4 through detailed written reports.
These are written in plain English, giving students and parents a clear picture of progress and achievement against clearly defined learning standards.
- Common Assessment Task outcomes – Years 7-10
- Common Skills Assessment outcomes
- Exam results
- Commitment to learning feedback
- Recommendations for learning
Progress reports are issued every three weeks.
Click here for the Progress Report Rubric.
These provide a tick box indication of a student’s
- Completion of work
- Level of understanding
- Meeting of deadlines
- Commitment to homework
- Participation and effort
- Level of cooperation
- Attendance and punctuality
Parent-teacher interviews for all students are held in Terms 1 and 3.