International Student Program
All Essendon Keilor College students are enriched by learning and living in a diverse and vibrant community context that reflects the real world. The exchange of ideas, beliefs and traditions between local and international students develops cultural empathy and development of the mutual respect and understanding needed to live successfully in our interconnected world. We love knowing that countless bonds of friendship across the world that still flourish today were formed at Essendon Keilor College.
We currently host students from Cambodia, Chile, China, Egypt, Japan, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam, They settle in very quickly and succeed because they feel safe, happy and well supported both at school and at home.
International families choose an Essendon Keilor College education for their children because:
- they receive an outstanding, well-rounded learning experience through our wellbeing, curricular and co-curricular programs
- we’re known for our innovative, future-focused perspective, our commitment to excellence and academic rigour
- we have successfully hosted students through our Homestay program for more than 15 years, ensuring the provision of secure, caring, comfortable and culturally enriching experiences
- we are ideally located in a safe, but exciting inner city suburb between the Melbourne International Airport and the Central Business District.
- we engage an International Student Program team, Multicultural Aides and expert staff specifically to teach and care for our international students
- our support of students is exemplary. It includes an Orientation Program, access to our onsite English Language Centre, extra language support classes, integration into mainstream classes, as well as personal and careers/course counselling.
- we encourage regular communication between parents and the school and keep parents well informed about the progress and wellbeing of their children. This includes in-country visits by school representatives to meet parents and provide face-to-face feedback
- each individual’s contribution to the school through the pursuit of excellence in academic achievement, sport, the Arts or cultural endeavour is highly valued
- we offer a ‘complete service’ from collecting students at the airport on arrival to helping them gain university placements
- the experience represents excellent value for money.