The Senior Elite Football Program will be re-launched at the Essendon Senior Campus for Years 10-12 students. The new program will be overseen and in alignment with Essendon Football Club & Calder Cannons Coates Talent League Program. Student athletes will have access to:
- 4 x inner sanctum experiences at Essendon Football Club,
- use of the ‘Hanger’ facilities
- education sessions on game analysis, game plan, vision, physical performance, nutrition and individual performance run by Essendon Football Academy coaches and Calder Cannons coaches.
- YEAR 10 – Football Program (1 year program)
- YEAR 11 & 12 VCE & VCEVM – VET Sport & Recreation Football
The school’s continued commitment to the football program will require collaboration between football coaches, sports teachers, pathway coaches, parents, and students. This elite program provides an opportunity for young athletes with excellent football abilities to advance their established skills while providing a challenging environment that encourages them to reach their full potential. This specialised program operates in conjunction with the mainstream curriculum.