Studying at Our College
INFORMATION FOR PROSPECTIVE OVERSEAS STUDENTS
The International Student Co-ordinator Team assists students to settle into their new school.
Essendon Keilor College is located in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia and is directly between Melbourne International Airport and the Central Business District.
The College has three campuses, two specialising in junior secondary education and the third in senior secondary education. Essendon Keilor College is a school operated by the Victorian Department of Education which is registered as a provider of courses for overseas students.
The district in which the College is located has a pleasant environment and offers students an interesting lifestyle.
There are many sporting and cultural facilities within the area including gymnasiums, swimming pools, entertainment centres, indoor sporting centres, shopping centres, theatres, cinemas and restaurants.
There is an excellent system of public transport with trains, trams and buses. Central Melbourne is 20 minutes away by train.
Our two junior campuses offer a sound education for students in Years 7-10. Our campus at Essendon for Years 10-12 attracts many students from interstate and overseas, largely due to our range of course and subject offerings. It is a safe and friendly place where overseas students feel welcome and enjoy their education.
At Essendon Keilor College we offer International Students the following:
- Airport pick-up
- Orientation program
- Vietnamese speaking aide available to students
- Uniforms, lockers and padlocks are provided free of charge
- Assistance with the purchase of books and the establishment of bank accounts
- Course selection
- Applications for university studies
- Personal counselling through Co-ordinators and the Student Welfare Co-ordinator
- Language Centre at the Essendon Campus and extra Language Support classes
- Homestay accommodation with local families
- Outstanding academic results
- Cultural and sporting activities