College Aerobic Teams
Essendon Keilor College is proud to have multiple teams, from all year levels, compete in the AeroSchools Aerobics Competitions.
2017 will be our fifth year being involved in this program. Each year of competing, we have had successful teams compete in the National Championships. The 'Essendon Keilor College Elite Aerobics Team' has travelled to Brisbane twice and Bendigo twice.
The AeroSchools Program is:
- of an introductory and beginner level to ensure positive and safe experiences
- safe, fun, challenging and fundamental for the overall growth and development of participants
- emphasising the importance of movement competence and confidence over difficulty
- promoted and aimed to primarily build skills through development of muscular strength and flexibility,
- aimed at teaching body control, tension and proper body preparation to reduce injury risks
- a sound basis for further skill development across all sports and life in general
- promoting and supporting the enduring values of fair play, self improvement and achievement
- in-line with the National Statement and Profile within Health and Physical Education
- conducted by School Teachers
We are very excited to cheer on our Essendon Keilor College Elite Aerobics Team this year at competitions.
Good luck girls!